Hasini's Blog

Hi guys! Welcome to my blog!

I'm a bibliophile and a 3rd year med student. My passion has always been reading books, so I thought I'll start a review blog and voila! Here we are! :D

As always, feel free to share your thoughts on my reviews and lemme know what books you love!

Hasini

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Always Listen To Opinion

Well, I've been reading The Host and I'm LOVING IT!!! Also, it taught me a lesson.

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I read about how awesome this book while going through Meyer's stuff online and - I have no idea why - I wasn't that eager to read this book. My unhappiness with the The Twilight Saga movies influenced my opinion on the book series - which I had read - and this, in turn, dampened my eagerness to read The Host, which was a big mistake!

The Host is a very well-written book with a unique plot-line. I love the character development and the bonds that steadily form between the humans and Wanderer. I like how it's going slow with bumps and twists in the road from time to time. I'm still reading it though, so I have no idea how I'm gonna like the ending!

What excited me more was that it's coming out as a movie in 2013!

The Host movie poster

Surprisingly, the cast isn't so bad either. Saoirse Ronan as Melanie/Wanda, Diane Kruger as The Seeker, Jake Abel as Ian O'Shea, and Max Irons as Jared Howe! Yes, Abel looks like he'll make an alright Ian, regardless of what others seem to think. Max Irons is not how I imagined Jared but I guess there's a little bit of Jared in him. Saoirse seems like the perfect Melanie/Wanda though, even Meyer agrees!



I'm so excited for 29th March 2013!!! 9 days after my birthday, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment